Tuesday, May 8, 2012

21st Century Student Planner

What is more likely to be by a student's side in the evenings - their student planner or their mobile device?  I think we all know that answer to that question...

Springing from my last post on BYOT, I have been thinking about how to use their technology resources to improve planning skills and time management in addition to (or instead of) the old fashioned planner.  In my searches, I found WeTxt, an online and mobile service that provides free group texting. 


I am definitely looking into this for next year!  You can set alerts and messages ahead of time online to be sent to students later in the day.  According to the homepage, the reply functions are free, as well.  There is also a mobile version with many of the same capabilities. 

I think this will work really well in middle school, but as the students get older, the possibilities are even more promising!  I can see this working beautifully for high school and college students, as well.  I can't wait to try it out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment